Saturday, March 31, 2012

April Stash Bust 2012

April is Earth Month, and in 2010 several blogs joined up to do the April Stash Bust. Many of the blogs did it again last year. I haven't seen any bloggers talking about it this year, but I am sure there will be all sorts of posts tomorrow.

Today, I am pledging to stash bust in the month of April, and not buy any new craft items. No new hooks, needles, pins, thread, yarn, buttons, fabric, glue... No new tools or materials. Trading non-new items with others is okay, though.

On top of that, I will finish at least ONE of the THREE rugs I am working on for my kids, made of stained, broken clothing and/or blankets. I started the first one just over 2 years ago, the second one about a year and a half ago, and the third one a year ago. It is time to finish these things up. Especially since I found a really cool pattern for weaving a rug from old t-shirt fabrics, and I want to make one for my kitchen... That will be my prize if I finish all three rugs.

Also, Bex bought us a new sewing machine this week, so I should probably finish up a few sewing projects I have sitting around, full of pins without any work done on them. I will do at least one bag this month. With a sewing machine, this should be easy-peasy. (Bonus: All the bags I have cut are from stash-busted fabrics.)

No comments:

Post a Comment