Monday, August 20, 2012

Weekly check in

Hello, Monday. I know, I'm late. I put the kids to bed last night and had every intention of blogging, but I fell asleep instead. 

Blog Stuff:
I didn't do research into the possible Saturday post, but the more I think about the idea, the more I like it. I will probably be mostly M.I.A. until September because I am traveling to Michigan on Thursday, and won't be back until the following Friday (Saturday?).

New from the babies

Mara attempts to say "I love you". Gabriel can say "Rapunzel". Also, does anyone else think it is crazy that three weeks from today is Gabriel's fourth birthday?!?!? I don't want to talk about it.

Crafty things:

I am a little ashamed of myself this week. I only finished one thing! A pair of toe socks for Becka. The second photo has a better sense of the yarn color (and also shows the HORRIBLE attempt at an origami heel that I frogged). The socks will look better on Becka because she doesn't have "Flintstone feet", as my mom refers to the wide slabs I have attached to my ankles.
 

I also finished my Nerd Wars dissertation. I am a few days early, but I have four Nerd Wars projects to do yet.

In the WIP pile, I have made a lot of progress. Both Skew socks are through the toe. The crocheted project bag is on the last `color repeat, and then I just need to make handles and a closure.

For the coming week:
I want to finish spinning the "spring morning" singles so I can ply it before the end of the month. I haven't done any of Rachel's squares, so I need to do that. I'd like to finish the Skew socks, but don't know if that is practical since I only have half my week this week - the other half will be spent doing only wedding things. I have to spend quality time with my sewing machine tomorrow - notion bag, messenger-style project bag, finishing appliques on bags for Jasmine's wedding, fix TdF bag...

 In the mail:
my new spindle came! Isn't it beautiful? 
The woman who donated it also sent a spindle snack, so I spun that. The spindle spins very smoothly.


No comments:

Post a Comment