Sunday, August 5, 2012

Weekly Check-In


Hello, Sunday! It is time that time again. 


Blog Stuff:
I started Sewing Tuesday, and I liked how it turned out. The next installment should be pretty good, too. I am mulling over having a regular Saturday piece, too. Undecided on whether to have three days a week scheduled, though. I need to do a little more research on my idea first.

New from the babies

I saw Mara, almost 2, decide to share without prompting. I set down a handful of cherries for each child on the coffee table. Gabriel was on the couch playing with a helicopter and didn’t notice. Mara picked up a cherry, brought it almost to her mouth, and then looked at Gabriel. She walked over to the couch and said, “Here,” holding the cherry to Gabriel. My heart melted a little bit. 

Crafty things:

This area is going to be a little stark this week... Next week's should be more full. I have started several projects since the first.

Finished the project bag - more on this on Tuesday.

Two Ravellenic challenges completed! Mandi's hat and mom's socks:

For the coming week:
I need to finish the blue baby blanket. I will finish spinning the blue merino singles. I need to do two of the squares for Rachel's afghan. I want to finish a project bag that I am crocheting. I started the skew socks and want to get past the toes for both.
In the mail:
For Tour de Fleece, I was on a team that decided to do prizes withing the team. I donated the above project bag; Bobbie Joe donated alpaca. I won a one-pound lot of alpaca!
I think it will look beautiful spun into a single to be plied with the white alpaca Peta gave me a few weeks ago. Now I just need to get a metal cat/dog brush so I can flick card my fiber.

No comments:

Post a Comment