Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The ramblings of the sleep deprived

I hope maintenance remembered to put in the order for the furnace on Monday. I'm sure they did, but they didn't install it today. The guy said either this afternoon or tomorrow morning. You know which one I was hoping for. Not that it is actually a big deal; the temps have been pretty nice. We didn't even use space heaters today. Mostly I just hate waiting for people to do things. When I want things done, I want them done NOW.

I'm such a slacker. I'm probably not going to be able to get all of my Christmas projects done on time. Not such a tragedy, as I am not traveling for Christmas, and can blame the delay on my inability to get to a post office in a timely fashion. I just keep finding other things to occupy my time. The important ones will get done on time, though.

Mara slept 14 hours straight - from noon until 2am yesterday. On a semi-shocking note, I didn't have to stay up with her the whole time. Stephen took the first hour, because he got up to use the restroom when she got up. I went to sleep at 7pm, when it was apparent that she wasn't going to wake up, so getting up at 3am wasn't so bad. And she passed out from 4 to 5, so I did too. I'm hoping she finally sleeps through the night instead of waking up for a 2am feeding. Maybe she will even sleep in a little later... A girl can hope.

Two of the ladies in my knitting group are trying to start an animal rescue. To help financially, they are going to be selling cat toys at vet hospitals, etc. The two of them are making the toys, plus another lady. I volunteered to make some, too. I don't know when I'm going to find time, but I will. I'll just put off cleaning, or something :)

Onto things I've made this week...

Homemade baby wipes They were really simple, since I had everything I needed already. Also, they are more convenient than wipes packages because the babies get into them and leave them open, so they dry out and are not effective.


The cotton square I mentioned last post (I have 2 now)


Granny squares for my swap
Clockwise from top left: Little DahliaGarden Granny Square (slightly modified from the pattern), Linda's snowflake potholder (made with a size D hook to be the right size square), Raspberry Medallion SquareFriend Family Square

Spring Chicken Washcloth
For my recipe swap partner. I hope she likes it. I know the lighting is fail, put it is a pale yellow. I will finish it tomorrow.

Both babies are asleep and neither sigot is home... What am I still doing up?!?!? Good night

No comments:

Post a Comment