Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Two FOs and new WIP

I know, I said only small projects between FOs. But I couldn't not have a pair of socks on the needles, so... I started a new pair. First things first, though: two FOs.

Socks for Steve. I LOVE this yarn. It is Patons Kroy Ragg Shades. The colors and texture remind me of some flannels I used to wear in middle school. I plan on buying more and making a pair for myself, someday...


11 half-aprons for Craft Hope Project 17:Aprons for Haiti. It is really hard to give up two of them: The floral pattern with blue pockets, and the blue paisley background with the green pockets. But I have no need for a half-apron, and I try really hard not to have useless stuff just because I want it.

* * *

Now the new WIP. My sister sent me money to make her socks. I bought enough yarn to make two pairs of socks. A couple days later, I saw other yarn that I thought she would like even more. I let her choose which two she wanted.  

There I was, minding my own business, kitchner stitching up the toe to Steve's socks, when this yarn started taunting me. "Come play with me," it said. I tried to resist, but I was powerless against it's charms. So I CO Saturday night, and worked on it at S&B on Sunday. I haven't touched it since, but I keep looking at the sock. I know it is just waiting patiently for this Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment