Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Sewing Responsibilities

During our weekly library trip yesterday, I sat down and made a list of all the birthday/holiday gifts I still have to make. I was surprised at how short the list was - I have already finished gifts for many of the people I am making things for. This is because many of the pieces are knit or crochet, and easy to take on the go. Guess what my list consists of now. 

Did you guess sewing? You are right! Between now and the holidays, I plan to sew pajamas for my sister's three kids, a unicorn shirt for my niece for her birthday, and a quilt for Steve (started, but still a lot of work to go). It sounds like so little - only for projects. But looking at the list, I find it daunting. 

Since yesterday was Tuesday, and I try really hard to pull down my sewing machine every Tuesday, I started the shirt for my niece because that needs to be sent out in the next couple weeks. This is as far as I got:

The shirt is made from an old shirt of mine. The horn is cut from one of my niece's old shirts, the mane is from an old sleeping gown of Mara's, and the head is from a receiving blanket that got a hole in it. I am trying to decide if I want to put on sleeves, or make it cap sleeved, or just finish the neck and arm holes in a contrasting fabric. Also, should there be an eye? What about a nostril? Input would be much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment