Monday, April 9, 2012

Decorating Envelopes: Part One

This is just a quick post - not even a tutorial. 


My sister and I write each other letters every 1-2 weeks. She always decorates my envelopes extra fancy-dancy, and uses pretty paper sometimes... I use boring envelopes and whatever paper is convenient. I don't usually use regular loose leaf, but it has been known to happen. Today I decided that, over the next couple of days, I will make a year's supply of fancy-dancy envelopes to send my letters in, so Pooks isn't the only cool kid.

Today's work was inspired by a craft in Mark Montano's Big Ass Book of Crafts (definitely worth the $8 to get it used, or check it out from your local library). You can find the instructions in the chapter called "Yours Truly (Creative Correspondence)". All it takes is a little dish soap, some water and food coloring, a bowl and a straw to make these bubble-printed envelopes.

My April Stash Bust tie in? I pulled envelopes from bills that we pay online. (Yeah, I don't know why we still get paper statements and envelopes....)

Four envelopes down, forty-eight to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment